Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CRAZY Stat About Our Receivers!
(08-08-2022, 05:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice thread Brad. Yes, this is why if we stay healthy I could see records broken.

Doing that while having a poor OL in front of both Joe's boggles my mind.

I don't know how good this Offense is going to be with good OL play. Could be historical.

Honestly I hope this is Boyd's best season so he can go on and get paid big by somebody else. Then maybe Tee doesn't 
have quite as good of a season as everyone predicts and is more affordable for us to extend eh? What is wild about Chase
is that Burrow can hit him short and he can still spin off tackles and take it to the house. He is crazy special.

Yep, the more I think about the offense's potential, the more excited I become.

I mean, Herbert threw for 5000 yards because his coach opened it up earlier than they did for Burrow.  A full season of Joe in the mode he was down the stretch, with a better line, could be....well, I like your word:  historical.  

I could see games where the Bengals jump out to a big lead and the opposition has to face wave after wave of pass rush "lines" coming off the bench.  The Colts did this for years with Manning.  

Not to be forgotten, but the defense could also be historic.  They were top ten in the league last year in average points allowed per drive.  I believe they were 8th overall.  Paul and Jay on the "Hear That Podcast Growlin" podcast went back to 2018 and they were 31st that year, then I believe the subsequent years went 26th (2019), 21st (2020), and then 8th last year.  They talked about the many pieces added (Dax, Tycen, Carter, and Gunter) combined with injured guys do back (Ossai, Hubert) and a few guys that played through injuries (Hubbard and Wilson) while losing only Ogunjobi, who was already replaced by Hill. 

Combine all that with another year under the same coach's system.  

The synergy of a really tough defense that was hitting on all cylinders in the playoffs getting the ball back to this offense could be, again, historic.  

Damn, just get to the regular season healthy and let's start things off by not only beating, but fricking demoralizing, the steelers week 1.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
CRAZY Stat About Our Receivers! - BFritz21 - 08-08-2022, 12:10 AM
RE: CRAZY Stat About Our Receivers! - SHRacerX - 08-09-2022, 08:11 AM
RE: CRAZY Stat About Our Receivers! - tms - 08-10-2022, 12:36 PM