Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ken Riley to the Hall of Fame
(08-17-2022, 02:03 PM)pally Wrote: Senior finalists are all but guaranteed to make it through the full committee vote.  Ken Anderson was a semi-finalist this year along with Riley.  

I'll believe it when I see it.  Yes, if Anderson or Riley had played in New York or such a place they would already be in.  It is hard to get in the HOF in any sports from Cincinnati.  Anderson had the 1981 MVP year so that should help.  Riley however was NEVER voted to the Pro Bowl by sports writers who use to control Pro Bowl voting.  So Riley is easily the most under rated Bengal ever to receive Not One Pro Bowl selection his entire career.  However in Sports Illustrated in late 1960's, Dodgers Maury Wills listed the most under rated players in baseball and he had Reds Tony Perez as the most under rated player in baseball.   Even Sparky and Howsom said they under estimated Tony when they traded him.  The HOF could not deny Tony Perez who is one of the top RBI men ever, plus World Championships.   So hopefully Ken Anderson gets in HOF and maybe even Ken Riley who was NEVER given credit by the National Media his entire career, but his lifetime stats are very close to being HOF Worthy.  I'm going to hold off on Willie Anderson and other Bengal HOF talk, because Ken Anderson should go in before any consideration of Willie Anderson. Is Max Montoya in the HOF, and if not, he was on 2 Super Bowl teams with Munoz and Max won Pro Bowl honors with Bengals and Raiders. I would put Montoya in over Big Willie.

The Bengals did NOT WIN Super Bowls, but Munoz is in. I would like to see Ken Anderson get in. I'll believe it when I see it. I just don't think The NFL is that eager to put Cincinnati Bengals in HOF. Chicago didn't win a Super Bowl with Butkus and Sayers in fact they were awful. Now Butkus I can see, but I tell you, had Gale Sayers had that very short career in Cincinnati he would NOT be in HOF, and Chicago helped him get in. What more could Max Montoya do, he is easily one of the best guards in NFL history per his Pro Bowls with Bengals and Raiders and Super Bowls.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ken Riley to the Hall of Fame - pally - 08-17-2022, 01:10 PM
RE: Ken Riley to the Hall of Fame - pally - 08-17-2022, 01:23 PM
RE: Ken Riley to the Hall of Fame - pally - 08-17-2022, 02:03 PM
RE: Ken Riley to the Hall of Fame - kevin - 08-17-2022, 06:08 PM
RE: Ken Riley to the Hall of Fame - jason - 08-17-2022, 08:38 PM
RE: Ken Riley to the Hall of Fame - pally - 08-17-2022, 02:15 PM
RE: Ken Riley to the Hall of Fame - pally - 08-17-2022, 02:57 PM
RE: Ken Riley to the Hall of Fame - Destro - 08-17-2022, 05:30 PM
RE: Ken Riley to the Hall of Fame - tms - 08-17-2022, 06:14 PM