Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your La’el Collins eye test so far. No looking up stats
(10-05-2022, 01:16 AM)Housh Wrote: How have you guys liked his play?

When he wins a rep he really wins that shit

But when he losses a rep it’s BAD. Like really bad.

I thought we got him cheap but now i think his price tag is right around where his value is.

Hopefully he plays better as time goes on. He’s definitely fighting an undisclosed injury. The way he losses reps is the way an old out of shape veteran would lose reps. He’s not old or out of shape so i don’t get it

My eye test tells me that he struggled a lot early on, but has kind of normalized in these last two games. He had the toughest assignment in the NFL in the first two weeks having to go against TJ Watt and then Micah Parsons (on the majority of snaps, I know they both occasionally move around the formation). He has not faced anyone nearly that capable in the second two games and has shown that he's a decent enough RT.

I had reservations about his signing because Dallas Cowboy fans seemed pretty eager to get rid of him and replace him with a nobody (Terrance Steele), plus you don't typically cut a player when they are playing for below market value (if you believe he was a top 5 RT last year), even with their cap troubles. I also found it concerning that no team was apparently interested in trading for him and we signed him for less than what he made in Dallas.

All that added up to my thought that he was being overrated by our fans, which has shown to be true thus far. I still think he's a massive upgrade over Isaiah Prince, but that's not really saying much, as nearly every RT not named Bobby Hart would likely be an upgrade over Isaiah Prince.

I hope he continues his upward trend in the coming weeks, but I am nervous about his back and how long he can hold up. We'll have to see how the season goes.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Your La’el Collins eye test so far. No looking up stats - CJD - 10-05-2022, 09:19 AM