Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Taylor & Callahan Are Figuring It Out!
(10-18-2022, 09:29 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Our line is bad but it seems like our coaches are finally figuring out that a bad line means that the quarterback needs to release the ball quick because Burrow was 21 of 24 for 201 yards in passes thrown within 10 yards.

We only ran the ball 14 times which is because the Saints were loading the box and forcing us to throw, which I love that our coaches recognized it and adjusted accordingly, but I do think that we shouldn’t give up on the run completely and run as little as we did.

Let’s hope our coaches stay this smart because we’ll be a tough team to beat if we adjust properly like we did against the Saints!

Joe gets tons of unprecedented leeway in free lancing in this offense. It’s paid huge dividends. But he’s been slow to accept the short passing game. The coaches haven’t neglected Tyler Boyd. The coaches haven’t just learned how to defeat the cover 2 with deep safeties. Joe hates it. They’ve been adapting the offense to suit Joe’s preferences. Zac said after the game that the offense bought into the scheme for NO. What he meant was Joe. Joe finally realized the cover 2 wasn’t going away. He adapted. Joe wants to win and his mindset has changed. They are working on the receivers breaking more tackles on short passes and their YAC. Of course the OL playing better has helped. There’s not a staff that’s ever coached in the NFL thst would wait until the 6th game to adapt. Joe just hated it. He’s still learning and hates to lose.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Taylor & Callahan Figuring It Out! - Soonerpeace - 10-18-2022, 11:28 AM