Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I see people say Zac is a bad OC/playcaller but good HC...
(11-02-2022, 03:54 PM)Destro Wrote: Throw out the absolute best Taylor has done.
Now throw out the absolute worst.
I say what is left is what he really is, and that is not very good.

If you say you can't ignore last year's Super Bowl, how can you ignore the prior years, as well as this year? Hell, the Super Bowl team had some games with a lot of head scratching decisions made. Somehow, because the last 30 years were so bad, that subpar is somehow acceptable. Continue to pick early in the draft and say, "we were good once!"

Are the bengals 1-7? I’m confused. I get that .500 is below expectations and we are coming off the worst loss of the season, but let’s chill for a minute. The bengals are currently projected to pick 18 next year, which means much closer to playoffs than “picking early in the draft”.

The team Zac inherited was Bad, really bad.

A QB who has been a backup the last 3 years.
John Ross and Auden tate are WR2 and WR3
None of the offensive line starts anywhere in the league

FFS go look at that team. Hindsight is 20/20, but 2-14 was the outcome regardless of coach.

2020 had some positive improvement. You can see some roster turnover and players buying in. This team was so much more competitive that in the finals weeks, with nothing to play for and only risk their draft position, they went out and smoked the Steelers. That’s when I knew Zac had this teams trust.

2021 SB

2022 currently .500, not 1-7 that some would seem. Additionally, as others have mentioned, the SB hangover is REAL. Only three qbs have ever made it back to a SB (not won) within 5 years of their first one Jim Kelly, Peyton manning and Tom Brady. So let’s put some perspective on everything.

In addition to that, the injury bug hasn’t been friendly to this team this year (Joe Burrows surgery included).

In addition to that, Cincinnati is a very low desired place to coach and challenging to succeed.

R-E-L-A-X
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I see people say Zac is a bad OC/playcaller but good HC... - Bengalbug - 11-02-2022, 04:26 PM