Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Solution for a Depleted Secondary
(11-05-2022, 06:16 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Pass rush coming on consistently is very important tomorrow.

Even more important is the offense to control the ball for close to 40 mins of game time. Get the running game working and dink and dunk the whole way down the field. Cut down on the number of possessions Carolina gets, then hope the defense can get a turnover or two or Carolina has a couple of drive killing penalties. We don’t need to go out there and try to be our usual big play offense, if we do we probably lose.

Go back to what we were doing against the Saints and Falcons, Burrow taking what the Defense gives him. Use entirely
the Gap scheme and use both Perine and Evans instead of so much Mixon. Jonah is probably still starting so need to help
him out and chip the End with the RB and TE all game.

Getting the thread back on track, need to also see Cam Sample get some pressures, I like what I have seen of Ossai and
Sample would just be nice to see them really have a breakout game in getting to the QB. I saw Ossai getting pressure 
against the Stains but I think he still only has 1 sack. He needs to up that number.

Also Zach Carter needs to get more pressure up the middle and Tufele needs to get back to what he was doing against
the Saints and Falcons. This is not near as good of IOL as the Stains have.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Solution for a Depleted Secondary - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 11-05-2022, 06:23 PM