Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reevaluating the WR market as the regular season comes to a close
(12-27-2022, 11:10 AM)Ell Prez Wrote: I highly doubt they trade him. Have the Bengals ever done a move like that? Trading a player in his prime to get 1st round picks so they don’t have to pay them? Palmer was a completely different story- he threatened to retire. Tee won’t be doing that.

That said, the nfl is an offense league. You resign Chase and Higgins. That means the likes of Boyd, Mixon, Bates, Pratt, Wilson go.

To make my counter argument, if we let Higgins go and gave that $25M/year to say Pratt, Wilson, 1 more player - it’s arguably easier to replace 1 player in the draft as opposed to needing to hit on 3 players.

That being said, I’d still sign Higgins. (Chase and Burrow are an obvious yes. The team starts there).

1.) Yes the Bengals have traded a player in his prime for 1st RD pick. They did it with with Big Daddy Wilkerson in 1998. So there is some history of them doing it.

1b.) Even if they hadn't done a move like that before; why would it stop them from doing it now?  They never participated in free agency and now they do. They wouldn't build an indoor facility now they have!   This isn't  the same old Bengals things have changed around here.

People are underestimating how important the defense has been these past two seasons. That unit has become a special unit since the start of last years playoffs and a key to our success. Losing multiple starters won't be a good thing for the unit.

Joe is an elite QB and  he can elevate the players around him. So I would argue that it would be easier to replace a great offensive player with Burrow  around than it would to replace a great Defensive player.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reevaluating the WR market as the regular season comes to a close - J24 - 12-27-2022, 09:41 PM