Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals win chiefs lose and bills lose?
(01-07-2023, 09:12 PM)Nepa Wrote: The key for the Bengals has always been the Bills game. The odds of the trifecta -- Chiefs and Bills losing, Bengals winning -- always seemed remote given who the Chiefs and Bills are playing. But whether the Chiefs won or not, the Bills game determined whether the Bengals get a home game in the 2nd round. If KC lost and Bills won, the Bengals were at KC for the 2nd round. If KC won and Bills won, the Bengals were at Bills. But if Bills lost, then Bengals would be lined up for a home game in the 2nd round if they get past the first playoff game.

Question is: Can New England beat the Bills with the game at Buffalo? Seems very remote, to be honest. If they don't, then the Bengals would be playing Buffalo at Buffalo if they get by the first round. A real bummer given that the MNF game could have determined the home field.

I agree that the MNF game was mainly about avoiding traveling to Buffalo in the postseason.  The Bengals could have won out and at the very least secured 2 home games. 

That sucks, but as much as I don't want to see them go to Buffalo, there's one small elephant in the room.  The Bills have a terrific offense that's tough to gameplan for, but that secondary has been banged up all season.  Now it's even more depleted after MNF.  Their home field advantage is significant, but I'm not sure how intimidated I am by that pass defense.  The Bengals were basically moving the ball at will.  Tre White is a terrific corner who is healthy, but they went right after him with Ja'Marr, and it went badly for him.  

I guess what I'm saying is; although I have a lot of respect for Buffalo's offense from a football standpoint, I don't like their chances on defense.  I think the Bills are a team the Bengals should beat
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals win chiefs lose and bills lose? - samhain - 01-07-2023, 09:22 PM