Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I was wrong about Hayden Hurst - I'll take my crow medium rare, plz
Here is the thing, the TE market is completely out of whack relative to it's production. Using the top 20 TE's I ran some numbers that essentially show the average production based on their average salary. Those break down to...

$283,000 per reception
$25,000 per yard
$4,000,000 per TD

In comparison someone like Tyler Boyd who is the 32nd highest paid WR currently looks like this...

$185,000 per reception
$14,000 per yard
$2,150,000 per td

Hurst or Uzomah don't really matter, the reality is most TE's aren't as productive as a mid tier WR and tend to cost about 40% more based on production. Unless you are holding Kelce or Mark Andrews there really is very little reason to spend big money on a TE. Blocking can be looked at as well but it's not like WR's aren't blocking outside too so I am not sure it would massively sway the idea here. Most the top pass catching TE's are relatively interchangeable as blockers as is, which is why most teams have a second TE for that purpose.

We should be looking to either pick up another cheap guy off the street or look to the draft as it's easy to see that the value is simply not there for the TE position in the current market setting.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I was wrong about Hayden Hurst - I'll take my crow medium rare, plz - Au165 - 01-09-2023, 01:33 PM