Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I'm Proud Of Bengals Last Two Seasons
(01-30-2023, 01:33 PM)kevin Wrote: They won the AFC Championship Game and went to Super Bowl and followed that with losing the AFC Championship Game.  That's better than most teams.  That's better than anything Bengals have ever done before in their franchise history.

I'll point out the 2 Super Bowl teams had home field through the play-offs in Philly and KC.  Having watched 1981 and 1988 Bengals, home field through the play-offs helps.  Bengals had to play on the road to beat Tennessee and Kansas City and Super Bowl was a home game for Rams in Los Angeles. Bengals had to play on the road to beat Buffalo and again at Kansas City where they lost in a last second field goal.

Now with Super Bowl off the table. I hope Tobin and coaches get on plane and go to Senior Bowl, but for most part team takes a much needed break and spends time with their families.  

As for Kansas City, Bengals played them 4 times in 13 months, and Bengals won 3 of the 4.  Nothing to be ashamed of there.  Mahomes finally won one on a last second drive.  

So Bengals lost at Jets in 2021, and season looked falling apart, but Bengals got hot and went to Super Bowl that sadly was played in the other teams home stadium also.  Then Bengals started 2022 with Burrow coming off surgery and questionable for start of season. Bengals started 4-4 losing some close games, but after the at Cleveland on Halloween disaster, the Bengals did not look Play-Offs.  Again Bengals got hot and won 10 games in a row against a very tough group of teams. Almost no easy games.  Season ends on a last second field goal in AFC Championship.

So I'm very proud of what Bengals have done the last 2 seasons.  Best 2 seasons this franchise has ever had. Certainly the 30 years without a play-off win is over.  Just as the players need a break from Bengals now, so do the Fans. It's a long way before September. As for now, Bengals Fans can be proud of this team the last 2 years, I know I am.

Tiger   Who Dey  Tiger

Well said. I tried and failed to find the thread at the beginning of the season regarding what people thought would constitute a "successful season" in their mind. I'm betting making the AFC Championship would have equaled or surpassed almost everyone's expectations. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm Proud Of Bengals Last Two Seasons - TheFan - 01-30-2023, 07:53 PM