Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I'm Proud Of Bengals Last Two Seasons
I was sick all day and finally had to call 911 as game was coming on. So at ER the nurse put game on TV for me, that was nice. So as they did tests on me and rule out stroke and such, i saw some of game. From what I saw, I thought game was going overtime, but Mahomes made a last minute drive to get them in field goal range. The kick looked like it would have went through even without the penalty. I didn't like The Do Over by Refs when Bengals forced a 4th down punt, but Chiefs got another 3rd down because Refs had messed something up. Still, Chiefs didn't score on that drive. It seemed Boyd getting injured hurt Bengals moving the ball also.

So my day after, I was just glad to be home from ER at age 68. My view of the game then more happy to be alive. The big guy in the ambulance was a Browns Fan, but he was a good guy. In that situation, you don't care if the ambulance person is a Steelers Fan or not. At Hospital, it seemed doctors and nurses were trying to grab parts of Bengals game when possible, Mahomes got us. Playing in Kansas City helped them.

I am not into this All or Nothing. In that baseball movie Money Ball, I agree with some, but not all. I think Billy Bean saying that if you don't win the World Series or Super Bowl, that it's a bad season, I don't agree at all with that. Now the Bengals losing almost all their game were bad seasons. The Reds losing 100 games last year was a bad season. Giving Fans a team to be excited about all season and going to play-offs is a good season. Winning AFC North 2 years in a row are good seasons.

So I agree with some of The Money Ball movie on baseball, except for the no bunting and no stealing and defense doesn't matter and the concept that only the team that wins World Series had a good season and every other team stinks, I don't agree with that. When the Super Bowl is over, I will not agree that one team had a good season and 31 teams stunk. I don't agree with that. I do agree with the start of movie that team has to meet it's salary cap making tough choices,

I know sports is an All or Nothing philosophy often, but let's not get too carried away with that. The fact is The Bengals have gave the Fans 2 seasons to enjoy with big wins over good teams. The best 2 seasons back to back in Bengals franchise history. We had nice wins to enjoy, up to the win at Buffalo. I think Fans can wear their Bengals hoodies and things with Pride in public. In the AFC Championship 2 year in a row is no small thing.

I may or may or may not watch Kansas City vs Philly. I'm kind of ready to see if Reds have a better April than last year, which should be possible considering how awful they were last April. But The Bengals are no longer the doormats of the NFL. The last 2 seasons make them an elite team. For all the Buffalo hype at start of season, they didn't make it to AFC Championship 2 years in a row like Bengals did.

Yes, I would have loved Bengals winning Super Bowl, but too many road games, the teams that played at home are going, KC and Phily, showing Home Field does Help. ....But Bengals just had their 2 best years back to back in franchise history, back to back AFC Championship Game seasons, and that is something to be proud of. As I said, I do not agree with Billy Bean movie on some things, and I think Bengals had 2 seasons we can be proud of.

That said, the AFC North will get tougher, next season will be no piece of cake. Burrow gives us a Peyton Manning type though, becoming great at changing plays at line of scrimmage as he reads the defense, no longer in rookie mode. I'm proud of our Bengals I'm not proud of my Bengals Fantasy team I drafted, I finished last place, I drafted awful WR's. Must do better next draft. I am proud of our Bengals, many said the rough second half of schedule would clobber Bengals, but Bengals went on a 10 game win streak against those tough teams. Bengals swept the NFC South and swept the AFC East also.

Tiger
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm Proud Of Bengals Last Two Seasons - kevin - 01-31-2023, 06:10 AM