Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
30,000 foot view of the Bengals and the league in ‘23
(02-02-2023, 04:10 PM)Stewy Wrote: Yep.  A trade would have to be agreed to with Lamar and the team taking him would have to agree on a contract and give Balt compensation......and the Watson deal tells us that teams will be lining up to make offers.

With that said, Watson has very little leverage (Watson had a no trade clause).  He if refuses to sign with the team and it seemingly scuttles the trade, all Balt has to do is tell him that he signs the TAG or they'll TAG him forever and he'll never play again.  Because if he doesn't sign it and sits, then time doesn't accrue and Balt keeps his rights (I think).  For the TAG to count....he has to sign it.

You aren't getting it. The Ravens would have to Non Exclusive Franchise Tag Lamar Jackson the most a team has to give up for Jackson is 2 first round picks.

All a trade would do is trade the no exclusive franchise tag rights which still means any team in the NFL can win Lamar if they are willing to give up the most money and 2 first round picks.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 30,000 foot view of the Bengals and the league in ‘23 - Synric - 02-02-2023, 05:43 PM