Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TE is a huge need heading into the offseason
(02-15-2023, 09:36 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’ve not seen Wright ranked or mocked ahead of Jones. But I’ve not spent an exhaustive time.

It is way early for mocks be 100% correct. Jones is a LT with limited starts. He still needs work but has a ton of ability.  I want a fantastic pass protector right now.

Wright is a big guy that started 4 years, over 2700 snaps allowed only 8 sacks.  He hasn't allowed a sack in his last 19 starts. This is against the best in the SEC.

He is an unanimous ALL-SEC and one of a handful to play over 850 snaps with zero sacks and and an efficiency rating above 99.0.

He is a plug-n-play RT for the next decade.

*We should all agree that protecting Burrow is the #1 goal.
*We should agree that RT is the shakiest spot on the line right now since we don't know if or when LC would return or how well he would perform.
*For those that claim LT is a bigger issue - Jonah is starting LT and Carmen is backing him up.
*We should all agree that tackle is a high priority/high value position that saves us money with the 5th year option.

*Those wanting a TE or RB... these re the absolute worst positions for 5th year value, along with LB that is not an edge.
*Those wanting a CB, it is a value position with high value, and we are not sure of Chido's health either.  That said, I trust Chido more than LC to rehab and heal up faster and protecting Burrow is more important, as the Chiefs showed.

I'll step down from my soap box.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: TE is a huge need heading into the offseason - casear2727 - 02-15-2023, 09:49 PM