Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Garett Bolles may be on trading block?
(02-18-2023, 05:21 PM)casear2727 Wrote: True, but that was in 2016 when Jonah played RT.  If forced to choose between Carmen or Jonah to move to RT, it is Jonah without a doubt.

That said... what is the team thinking?  My best guess:

Williams will be healthy and better in his 5th year.  He will play LT.

Collins will start at RT, but only if medical reports are positive. If not, this becomes an emergency spot.

Options:
- If LC is healthy they can draft a LT or RT for the future and the other next draft.

- If LC is not healthy they most likely attempt to draft the best RT or a LT capable of playing RT, or if an outstanding "LT only" guy is available draft him and move Jonah to RT. 

I know they won't, but acquiring a very affordable Nate Davis to replace Volson would make us better in the middle.  This gives Joe a little extra time and much better run blocking.  Imagine a LG who, at worse, is equal to Cappa.

This is why, in my opinion, the Bengals will look for a stopgap cheaper veteran to cover RT until Collins is back to being healthy.
Williams being in a contract year gives one last year to see if Carman will grow enough to take over full-time LT duties.
We might also see the Bengals try Carman at RT while Collins recovers too, but personally I like Carman on the left side.

If they use a draft pick on an OT, I want that draft pick to be a 1st or 2nd rounder (without reaching of course).
These recent Day 3 OTs have been so greatly disappointing - Adeniji, Smith

As for Nate Davis, has he ever played on the left side? His entire NFL career has been at RG, and I'm having trouble finding out if he ever played LG in college.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Garett Bolles may be on trading block? - ochocincos - 02-20-2023, 11:51 AM