Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CJD Pre-Combine Mock Draft 1.0
(02-20-2023, 01:00 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Harrison is probably my ideal first round pick at this point. He's got the LT/RT flexibility, his specialty is pass blocking (which is my top priority for OTs) and he has played well in a big conference so there isn't as much projection required for him. We'll have to see how the draft process shakes out because I would also like Dawand Jones, but would prefer him in the 2nd. I'm not sure I'd be comfortable taking an "Only RT" prospect in the first round, but if he's dominant there, it may be worth it anyway. I feel the same way about Darnell Wright. Great prospect, would prefer to wait until the 2nd because I don't think he an play on the left side. We'll have to see how these guys test though. Maybe one of these guys will surprise us and shoot up the draft board.

Which cornerbacks do you like better than Smith? I really like Forbes too, but he would probably require our first round pick. It's still early in the process though so who knows where these guys will ultimately end up going.

Cornerback is one of those positions where it's hard to know how well a guy who played mostly man in college will transition to a zone defense and vice versa. I was glad to have Smith available who I think probably has more experience in our style of defense, but I think Ricks has the capability to play in a zone scheme as well. He's showed he has the instincts. He just didn't have to show it as much in college.

This is a CB heavy draft I do believe and I think there are going to be some really good corners come out of this class. I would not say for sure that I like most of them better than Cam rather equally. A guy I find intriguing is Ricks but I am gun shy about him after Fitzpatrick. I guess I temper that with the fact that he played at LSU as well. It seems that the corners in this draft overall have really good size and length to them. One of my favorites that could be around for us is Deonte Banks from Maryland and another we should have a shot at late is Jaylon Jones from A&M.

I would be thrilled with Harrison at #28 and I would consider it best case scenario. I personally like him better than both Skoronski and Broderick Jones due to his pass blocking abilities.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
CJD Pre-Combine Mock Draft 1.0 - CJD - 02-19-2023, 01:51 PM
RE: CJD Pre-Combine Mock Draft 1.0 - CJD - 02-19-2023, 02:40 PM
RE: CJD Pre-Combine Mock Draft 1.0 - CJD - 02-19-2023, 04:58 PM
RE: CJD Pre-Combine Mock Draft 1.0 - CJD - 02-20-2023, 12:43 PM
RE: CJD Pre-Combine Mock Draft 1.0 - CJD - 02-20-2023, 01:00 PM
RE: CJD Pre-Combine Mock Draft 1.0 - OSUfan - 02-20-2023, 03:19 PM