Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre Combine PFF Simulator w/53 man roster
(02-21-2023, 05:36 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I disagree. The position just does not hold the value that it once did and frankly I believe that Perine can do everything that Mixon can do and is better at getting tough yardage. What this offense requires is backs that compliment what they do and Perine, Evans, and Luepke fit that mold to a T. Joe ran the best he has in some time in the two playoff games and that is because he was running north and south with purpose which is what Perine does. I think the trio shown on the 53 man roster would be a great fit for the team. I am a Joe Mixon fan by the way.

RB's are still extremely important.  Look at the teams in the playoffs this year and the RB's taken in the first three rounds on their roster..

KC-CEH(1st round)
Bills-Cook(2nd)
Bengals-Mixon(2nd)
Jaguars -Etienne(1st)
Chargers-none
Ravens-Dobbins(2nd)
Dolphins-none

Eagles-Sanders(2nd)
49'ers-McCafferty(1st)
Vikings-Cook(2nd)
Buccaneers-Fournette(1st)
Cowboys-Zeke(1st)
Giants -Barkley(1st)
Seahawks -Walker(2nd)

Six of fourteen playoff teams have a RB that was drafted in the 1st and 12 have one that was drafted in the first two rounds.  Teams that are currently successful are not making RB a low priority.  

Perine will be entering his 7th year in the league and his career high for rushing yards was 603 back in '17.  He has 1592 career rushing yards and averages 26.2 yards/scrimmage per game for his career.  No playoff contender is rolling into the season with a guy like that as the feature back backed up by a 3rd year 6th round pick that hasn't shown much and a 7th round pick that may have to convert to FB to stick in the league.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pre Combine PFF Simulator w/53 man roster - Whatever - 02-21-2023, 08:08 PM