Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre Combine PFF Simulator w/53 man roster
(02-21-2023, 08:08 PM)Whatever Wrote: RB's are still extremely important.  Look at the teams in the playoffs this year and the RB's taken in the first three rounds on their roster..

KC-CEH(1st round)
Bills-Cook(2nd)
Bengals-Mixon(2nd)
Jaguars -Etienne(1st)
Chargers-none
Ravens-Dobbins(2nd)
Dolphins-none

Eagles-Sanders(2nd)
49'ers-McCafferty(1st)
Vikings-Cook(2nd)
Buccaneers-Fournette(1st)
Cowboys-Zeke(1st)
Giants -Barkley(1st)
Seahawks -Walker(2nd)

Six of fourteen playoff teams have a RB that was drafted in the 1st and 12 have one that was drafted in the first two rounds.  Teams that are currently successful are not making RB a low priority.  

Perine will be entering his 7th year in the league and his career high for rushing yards was 603 back in '17.  He has 1592 career rushing yards and averages 26.2 yards/scrimmage per game for his career.  No playoff contender is rolling into the season with a guy like that as the feature back backed up by a 3rd year 6th round pick that hasn't shown much and a 7th round pick that may have to convert to FB to stick in the league.  
I get what you are saying but I believe you are over playing your hand. The main man for KC was selected with the 251st overall selection and that is Isiah Pacheco. Lawrence had as many rushing TDs as Etienne did. Fournette rushed for under 700 yards. The lead back for Dallas was Pollard and he was a 4th round selection. I understand your sentiment but I do believe you are overstating the role that each played for their teams. 

To expand...the 2nd round selection, Miles, managed 16 yards in the Super Bowl while the 7th rounder, Pacheco, went for over 70.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pre Combine PFF Simulator w/53 man roster - OSUfan - 02-21-2023, 08:53 PM