Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Garett Bolles may be on trading block?
(02-18-2023, 05:21 PM)casear2727 Wrote: True, but that was in 2016 when Jonah played RT.  If forced to choose between Carman or Jonah to move to RT, it is Jonah without a doubt.

That said... what is the team thinking?  My best guess:

Williams will be healthy and better in his 5th year.  He will play LT.

Collins will start at RT, but only if medical reports are positive. If not, this becomes an emergency spot.

Options:
- If LC is healthy they can draft a LT or RT for the future and the other next draft.

- If LC is not healthy they most likely attempt to draft the best RT or a LT capable of playing RT, or if an outstanding "LT only" guy is available draft him and move Jonah to RT. 

I know they won't, but acquiring a very affordable Nate Davis to replace Volson would make us better in the middle.  This gives Joe a little extra time and much better run blocking.  Imagine a LG who, at worse, is equal to Cappa.

Been awhile for Jonah but I think he can make the switch if needed especially this early in the year like Synric said.

If we make the trade for Bolles, he should be the LT. Volson and Carman fighting for LG, Karras at C, Cappa at RG and Jonah with our 
guy Darnell Wright at RT backing him up and learning. I just don't think the coaches think Volson is a problem at LG and that is where 
Nate Davis plays, all be it well. Volson could grow into a very good LG and even Carman gave me some hope in the Playoffs.

(02-18-2023, 05:28 PM)Synric Wrote: Right now Jackson Carman isn't even on Jonah's radar. Carman needs to come into OTA trying to get on the field any way he possibly can Left or Right Tackle...Left or Right Guard doesn't matter. Its year 3 for Carman at worst he has to earn that #6 first lineman off the bench spot.

All true. If Carman wants to stick around, he needs to be at the very least a competent backup at every spot but Center.

(02-20-2023, 11:51 AM)ochocincos Wrote: This is why, in my opinion, the Bengals will look for a stopgap cheaper veteran to cover RT until Collins is back to being healthy.
Williams being in a contract year gives one last year to see if Carman will grow enough to take over full-time LT duties.
We might also see the Bengals try Carman at RT while Collins recovers too, but personally I like Carman on the left side.

If they use a draft pick on an OT, I want that draft pick to be a 1st or 2nd rounder (without reaching of course).
These recent Day 3 OTs have been so greatly disappointing - Adeniji, Smith

As for Nate Davis, has he ever played on the left side? His entire NFL career has been at RG, and I'm having trouble finding out if he ever played LG in college.

Agree, cheap vet at RT. Bolles I think for a 3rd rounder IS cheap myself. 

Carman's play so far on the right side compared to the left side makes me agree with you. We will see if he grows any in this area.

He needs to big time, agree on Nate Davis too, if he has the problem with changing sides it takes him out of the equation honestly.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Garett Bolles may be on trading block? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 02-22-2023, 03:51 PM