Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 LB Draft Prospects Group Assessments
Analysis:

This all comes down to Pratt. How much of a raise does ye merit and do we want to pay it? He was REAL good last year. Last two POs and last regular season. An 80.6 from PFF is outstanding and the eye test confirmed it.

ADG and Bailey both performed pretty well in somewhat limited snaps (227 for ASD, 58 for Bailey). So thete is some depth. Bachie (13) and Johnston (1) were special teams guys. Johnston's 315 ST snaps lead the team. Both ADG & Bailey played more ST snaps than Bachie.

It is certainly possible ee could carry 5 guys instead of 6 here. Of the guys eho played D last year, 3 are signed. All 3 are FA's next year, with L. Wilson the biggie. Which impacts this year. Do we pay BOTH Wilson & Pratt? One? I cannot think it will be neither. Both are too productive.

If we do not pay Pratt, I'd think a day 2 LB would be in order. Though if we think ADG can fill in, maybe day 3. And that is certainly a possibility. I hate to swap proven for unproven when we are contending, but it may have to be.

For me, I'd pay Bell & Pratt first. Then see about Hurst, Perine, & Apple. I let Bates walk & start Hill. If I have to trim salary, I start with Mixon. Though there are some smaller moves that could be made: B. Wilson makes $2 mil with $0 dead cap. Tupou makes over $1.5 mil and is $250k dead. I would not cut Collins before we had a replacement. And Adeniji/Smith + backup G are where we need upgrades more.

LB for me is not a round 1 option. There are not a lot of Rd1 LBs according to most mocks. Simpson, Sanders, & Campbell ate the names I hear most often. Fringe first or 2nd. I think we have needs at higher value positions (CB, OT, WR depth) or more acute needs (TE, S) elsewhere.

Worst case is Pratt walks, ADG starts, and we draft a LB day 2-3 and use the money saved to bolster the team elsewhere. I can live with that.

Best case is Pratt is back on a reasonable deal.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2023 LB Draft Prospects Group Assessments - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 02-23-2023, 05:02 PM