MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
CBS Sports Has Us Taking Mayer
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CBS Sports Has Us Taking Mayer
In their latest mock, released this morning (March 22nd), CBS Sports has us taking Meyer at 28 (the mock is below the top article).

Washington, Kincaid, Skoronski, and Wright were all gone, so this seems like the most logical pick to me. Gibbs went the pick after us, but I don't like spending a first round pick on a back when running backs have been so devalued and have such a short shelf-life.

Here was their reasoning:

Quote:Another well-rounded weapon for Joe Burrow in Cincinnati. Targeting this position early came into focus after the loss of Hayden Hurst in free agency.

Hard to argue that and I've mentioned my reasons for wanting him a bunch of times- safety blanket for Burrow, target up the seams, impossible to double Chase, keep a safety back for Higgins, and keep a safety in the box to stop our run game, regardless of who it is, red zone target, etc.- and this just strengthens my opinions.

The only other first round pick I could see working would be tackle, but a tackle won't change game as much as Mayer and I feel in the draft or free like we could get one later agency after last cuts.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
CBS Sports Has Us Taking Mayer - BFritz21 - 03-22-2023, 03:37 PM
RE: CBS Sports Has Us Taking Mayer - CJD - 03-23-2023, 10:21 AM