Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Mothership projects Washington as the pick at 28
(04-11-2023, 03:30 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Kincaid, Mayer, and LaPorta have that "knack" you talk about.
But keep in mind that they didn't have an All-American TE like Brock Bowers to take away their target share.
I firmly believe Washington would have been featured more in the passing game if they didn't have Bowers.
Bowers has put up over 1800 yards and 20 TDs with Georgia the past two seasons.
That's a lot of TE targets and production not going to Washington.

So yes, while I think Washington needs more work and experience to develop that aspect, I think he was limited by the opportunities because of Brock Bowers being that much more prominent as a pass catcher. Bowers is much more in the Kincaid/Evan Engram mold.

Good point about Bowers.

I think that I am more in the camp of Kincaid, Mayer in round 1 or LaPorta in round 2 versus getting Washington in round 1.

I respect Washington's rare size and speed physical traits at 6 foot 7 inches tall but he almost seems like a player that Mike Brown would have fell in love with had he been in a previous Draft then spent a lot of time developing & hoping for Greatness from.

I have a "feeling" that Duke Tobin, Zac and the current Coaching Staff may prefer the Kincaid, Mayer, and LaPorta type of player coming out of College in order to possibly get more immediate passing game production. This is just my guess on this.

I am curious of just how the Bengals will Draft the Tight End position this coming Draft. 

I expect that they will get it right.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Mothership projects Washington as the pick at 28 - depthchart - 04-11-2023, 04:26 PM