Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Mothership projects Washington as the pick at 28
Michael Mayer is an interesting prospect.  After watching him run routes and interview, I personally thought to myself that he was a first round talent.  PFF says that he's one of just a couple of TEs from this class who can live up to lofty 1st round "difference maker" status(Washington wasn't one of them).  BUT: I'm not sure that most casual observers realize just how pedestrian of an athlete he is for a first round TE.  His 40 time is in the 66th percentile and his broad jump is in the 68th percentile for TE prospects.  His height is a hair above average.  His other measurables are not so hot.  Mayer's arm length is in the 7th percentile and his wingspan is in the 9th percentile.  This tells me that in the pros, he's not going to be so much a Y tight end as a big slot or move tight end, which is fine, so long as the coaching staff and teammates can figure out how to work him in and he plays his role.  https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/michael-mayer

I'd be happy with Mayer at 28.  Not ecstatic, a tad bit paranoid about 1st round TE over a position like RT or DE, but happy.  I'd also be happy with Washington.  And I'll say this about Washington and the coaching staff: if this coaching staff can actualize his potential, they will absolutely carve out a name for themselves in terms of greatest offensive minded coaches ever. That guy could be an unholy combination of Brandon Pettigrew and Mercedes Lewis. Downright freaky stuff.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Mothership projects Washington as the pick at 28 - Bilbo Saggins - 04-12-2023, 03:27 AM