Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on Keeanu Benton?
(04-21-2023, 08:38 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Washington is an interesting player, but at 28?  I dont see it.  He has a zero route tree.  His game speed doesnt come close to his combine performance.  Not saying I wouldnt want him on the team as he is a road grading blocker and I would like to watch his development, but many are wishing or hoping he will become something he has never been.  The best rule of thumb is to judge how a player played in college and expect that is what you are getting.  A block-only TE doesn't scream 1st Rd value.

I'm not sure he is even TE3 in this draft class depending on who is drafting.... 

Some of what you are posting here lately is just silly. So can you explain the NFL careers of Tom Brady or maybe James Harrison? You obviously are unwilling or unable to apply perspective to the situation with Darnell Washington. You do understand that they as well have Brock Bowers correct? If it were not for Bowers then Washington is easily TE1 for the Bulldogs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaYuyqaA-TA

The very first play does not scream blocking only TE to me what about you? :28 that is a long ways down field to be blocking. 1:31 yeah he does struggle to catch doesn't he? 1:55 Some hands for a blocker wouldn't you say? 2:45 sure playing slow and struggling to catch there wasn't he?

Washington is a natural pass catcher and he has outstanding hands. He plays in a two TE set with a guy who is touted as a smaller Gronk. However, when given his opportunities he produced at a high level. A better rule of thumb is to attempt to forecast future progression based off of displayed abilities and how they project to the next level. Hate to break this to you but the draft is about projecting where a player has the potential to end up not where he is starting.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Thoughts on Keeanu Benton? - CJD - 04-21-2023, 03:52 PM
RE: Thoughts on Keeanu Benton? - CJD - 04-21-2023, 05:53 PM
RE: Thoughts on Keeanu Benton? - OSUfan - 04-21-2023, 07:05 PM
RE: Thoughts on Keeanu Benton? - CJD - 04-21-2023, 05:42 PM
RE: Thoughts on Keeanu Benton? - OSUfan - 04-21-2023, 07:01 PM
RE: Thoughts on Keeanu Benton? - OSUfan - 04-21-2023, 09:46 PM
RE: Thoughts on Keeanu Benton? - OSUfan - 04-21-2023, 11:53 PM
RE: Thoughts on Keeanu Benton? - OSUfan - 04-22-2023, 10:23 AM