Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on Keeanu Benton?
(04-21-2023, 10:42 PM)casear2727 Wrote: You really do not want to do this with your limited knowledge base.  But it's your feelings so...

Comparing once in a generation players to a hopeful draft pick is amateurish at best.  

Thanks for the video, it helps make my point:

The very first play is the route he ran 80% of the time for the few 40 receptions he had in his entire college career, a slip route coming off a block (fake slip on this play) .  Didn't have to beat a defender.

The :28 second play, he ran a straight line, his only other route. Didn't have to beat a defender.

1:55, again a vertical on the wheel route, could not get separation won the jump ball.  Didn't beat a defender.

2:45, another seam, straight line route, didn't have to beat a defender. 

His game speed is not remotely close to his combine numbers.  I would not be shocked if the Bengals took LaPorta over Washington.  I do not dislike the kid, I love his blocking and think he would be fun to watch and develop, but Im not for projects in Rd 1. 

Im not the only one that understands this.

So the only point at which a receiver beats a defender is if they have been able to obtain separation on a route? Is this your premise? So when a QB puts a 50/50 ball up to the receiver and the receiver uses his body to shield the defender and/or high points the ball to make the contested catch are not wins for the receiver?

If the receiver is running the same route 80% of the time and it is still successful then I would have them running it 90% of the time especially when it results in chunk plays such as this. So how is it if he plays slow that he continues to be successful in these straight line routes? So I guess I can be safe in assuming that finding the soft spot in the zone and making yourself available to the QB is not winning under your criteria as well which is something that Washington as well did for the Bulldog offense.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Thoughts on Keeanu Benton? - CJD - 04-21-2023, 03:52 PM
RE: Thoughts on Keeanu Benton? - CJD - 04-21-2023, 05:53 PM
RE: Thoughts on Keeanu Benton? - OSUfan - 04-21-2023, 07:05 PM
RE: Thoughts on Keeanu Benton? - CJD - 04-21-2023, 05:42 PM
RE: Thoughts on Keeanu Benton? - OSUfan - 04-21-2023, 07:01 PM
RE: Thoughts on Keeanu Benton? - OSUfan - 04-21-2023, 09:46 PM
RE: Thoughts on Keeanu Benton? - OSUfan - 04-21-2023, 11:53 PM
RE: Thoughts on Keeanu Benton? - OSUfan - 04-22-2023, 10:23 AM