Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AJ Green to announce pick
(04-25-2023, 03:16 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I think they kind of had different styles but imagine AJ with Carson throwing him the ball and tell me AJ wouldn't have put up the best numbers in the league with a HOF career.

AJ was more of a traditional receiver and Chad was more freelance.
That's pretty much what I said above before I even looked at this post.

That's also why I rank AJ above Chad because he was more of the traditional receiver that just went out and took care of business. Chad also got things done but AJ was more reliable and just more physically imposing.

It will be a crime if he doesn't.

I liked AJ a lot but nothing you stated can be supported with facts or data.  Everything thing you said is subjective to the point anyone could say the exact say about chad and be just as 'correct'.

What did Chad do that made him not 'traditional'?.  In what way was AJ more 'reliable' or 'physically imposing'?  What made him more 'team friendly'?

In a vacuum and only looking at the stats they were the same.  If fact go year to year and it's creepy just how close their respective career numbers are.  Chad gets a slight edge but it's so minimal it's not really worth mentioning (even though I did anyways).

You mention palmer throwing him the ball as if we can measure a hypothetical but that also implies Chad benefited from a better QB.  Now we have to compare Palmers numbers to Dalton's I guess.

Well a quick peek shows like AJ and Chad they are much the same.  

So all we really have to go on is subjective and it seems to me you just like AJ more because he didn't show boat and kept his mouth shut.  Which is fair enough I guess but it doesn't make him better.

I always thought Chad was just a touch better.  I won't go into why because it'll mostly as subjective as your reasons and some of them are literally the same reasons.  So that's weird.

Ajs was great.  Chad was a little greatererer.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
AJ Green to announce pick - pally - 04-24-2023, 03:59 PM
RE: AJ Green to announce pick - ochocincos - 04-24-2023, 05:02 PM
RE: AJ Green to announce pick - Stewy - 04-24-2023, 05:04 PM
RE: AJ Green to announce pick - ochocincos - 04-24-2023, 05:07 PM
RE: AJ Green to announce pick - BFritz21 - 04-25-2023, 01:57 PM
RE: AJ Green to announce pick - motoarch - 04-25-2023, 04:27 PM