Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matt Minich - rookie player comparisons
(05-09-2023, 03:19 PM)ochocincos Wrote:
I know some have felt Jordan Battle has similarities to Vonn Bell, but I think Minich's comparison to Ronnie Harrison is a safe one.
Harrison is solid, Bell is more maybe the higher end.

I'd maybe say Murphy is kinda like Lawson except he can actually play the run coming into the league whereas Lawson was a complete liability against the run at first.

I think the Chase Brown comp to McKinnon is something people aren't going to be too happy about. Brown I think people will want/expect more of a bellcow whereas McKinnon has always been just a RBBC/COP guy.

The only ones that don't make sense to me are MM and Lawson and Chase Brown and McKinnon like you said.

Murphy is very good at stopping the run as you said unlike Lawson coming into the league, Murphy is just so much more versatile in all 
areas. Maybe he doesn't have quite the bend that Lawson does when rushing the passer, but not many do. Brown is a much better runner
than McKinnon but has the ability to be just as good as a pass catcher and a pass blocker. The rest of the comparisons I can agree with.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Matt Minich - rookie player comparisons - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 05-11-2023, 02:44 PM