Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
SI predicts Bengals win SB
(06-01-2023, 02:53 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: You are much more optomistic than me lol 

Anyone who lists our secondary as an asset I would say is on meth haha. I actually think its a huge liability going into the season. Weakness, maybe not...but def a liability. I think our safties covered up a lot of mistakes by our DBs last year. 

I mean we def have more than a shot to win the Super Bowl, but I would start with our division first. I think pretty much every team is improved. 

I usually am lol

Lou is great with the Secondary and it isn't like Bates and Bell were great last season. They were damn good in the Playoffs on our trip 
to the SB but last season Bates was playing not to get hurt and had problems tackling once again and Vonn Bell has never been known 
for his speed, but his instincts and his hitting. Dax Hill could certainly be better than Bates once the NFL game slows down for him, he is
faster, he was a much better tackler in college than Bates etc.

There is a reason Lou brought in Brick Scott, he has valuable experience and is a damn good tackler and is faster than Bell. A lot of his 
bad grades in coverage came from Ramsey free wheeling it from man to zone with the Rams and leaving others out to dry. Jordan Battle
has been showered upon with praise from Lou and is a good tackler. I think between Scott and Battle the SS spot should be fine.

There will be some struggles early I am sure with Dax getting his first starts but things will iron out and we could be better than last 
year easily with Awuzie back, CTB in his second year, Hilton back playing like a top Slot and the additions of DJ Turner and Ivie for depth.

Agree every team in the Division has improved, but we just won 4 in a row in this Division, we own it right now and for the foreseeable 
future IMO.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
SI predicts Bengals win SB - Soonerpeace - 05-31-2023, 05:34 PM
RE: SI predicts Bengals win SB - Nately120 - 06-05-2023, 09:06 PM
RE: SI predicts Bengals win SB - pally - 05-31-2023, 05:50 PM
RE: SI predicts Bengals win SB - tms - 05-31-2023, 08:00 PM
RE: SI predicts Bengals win SB - TKUHL - 05-31-2023, 09:45 PM
RE: SI predicts Bengals win SB - 3wt - 06-01-2023, 01:41 PM
RE: SI predicts Bengals win SB - 3wt - 06-02-2023, 04:30 PM
RE: SI predicts Bengals win SB - 3wt - 06-01-2023, 01:35 PM
RE: SI predicts Bengals win SB - McC - 06-02-2023, 05:26 PM
RE: SI predicts Bengals win SB - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 06-01-2023, 04:38 PM