Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former Arkansas and NFL QB Ryan Mallett dead
(06-28-2023, 02:06 PM)jason Wrote: I was just there between Destin and Santa Rosa... My daughter can't swim so I had her on my hip at all times. Pretty calm when I was there, but I guess the navy pilots see sharks all the damn time while flying over.

They made fishermen change their netting technique way back in the early 80s. When I was a child, a person would rarely see gators, bald eagles, bears, and sharks here. I mean almost never! Hell, I had about a 400-pound bear just stroll through the yard about 3 weeks ago. Gators, eagles, bears, and sharks are everywhere in the panhandle these days. 

The efforts to help them increase their numbers have been successful. Unfortunately, the continuation of massive growth is forcing these critters into human contact much more often these days.  Sharks are rarely troublesome. Mostly just when a person is fishing in the gulf. The bears are actually pretty chill. It's the gators and eagles that are becoming a nuisance. They like to prey on people's pets. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Former Arkansas and NFL QB Ryan Mallett dead - coachmcneil71 - 06-28-2023, 08:20 PM