Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
If You’re Concerned About the Lack of Offensive Firepower in the Preseason…
(08-20-2023, 01:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Daxton Hill was known as an extremely fast, physical, great tackling, versatile Secondary player at Michigan.

Jessie Bates was known for his poor tackling at Wake Forest, his range and coverage were his strengths, he has never been 
known as a physical player. Don't know why you would disagree on this one, these are facts.

I wasn't talking about scouting reports or what they did in college. Bates was more than physical enough for us rarely missed tackles as the last line in defense, wasn't afraid to come up and make tackles in the box and would give receivers a hard legal hit at the catch point. So while we have to look at Hill college stuff because we haven't seen him on the field a ton just the dudes body type is gonna limit how physical he can be so I don't the he will be WAY more physical than Bates. But yes he may be able to match it and after watching the 1st team defense a few times against Atlanta he did come up and make plays on Bijan a couple times in the box. So I think he will match Bates in that regard and maybe give us more with his athleticism in coverage. Bell will probably be where we miss the Physicality the most but time will tell.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If You’re Concerned About the Lack of Offensive Firepower in the Preseason… - NUGDUKWE - 08-20-2023, 04:50 PM