Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many players are actually important out of 53?
(09-01-2023, 02:10 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think you can just look at the snap count percentages to see important ones.

14 players last year had 25% or more offensive snaps.
16 players last year had 25% or more defensive snaps.
And then the LS, P, and K obviously.

I'd say out of the backups, TE2, RB2, WR4 are valuable on offense. Those guys will get rotated in based on the play call.
For defense, you're looking at a pretty heavy rotation of 8 DL, although backup NT barely made the cut. It's primarily 4 DEs, 3 DTs getting used.
Not really a bunch of 3-LB sets, so I wouldn't say LB3, but I could see someone arguing it's used "enough" to count it.
Bengals really haven't used many 3-safety looks, so I won't say SAF3 right now, but it might be if they tried to use that look more.
CB4 is definitely important since there's almost always some CB injury going on.

The fabled 3 safety look will never catch on here even if Tycen is a star. I think we’d just play him over Battle or Scott. I could see Tycen riding special teams pine all year into a random start and he’s just gonna have to make noise when his chance with the 1s does come, because imo it eventually will. Either Scott is gonna underperform or someone will get hurt at some point even if just for a half of a game
-Housh
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How many players are actually important out of 53? - Housh - 09-01-2023, 06:01 PM