Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Ravens @ Bengals***
(09-17-2023, 05:33 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: I don't even think it's the contract, I think Burrow would've wanted to play, and the NFL has a culture of seeing injured guys suit up. We know these guys play dinged up through the playoffs. 

The contract is exactly why you don't play Burrow in these games. Or rather indicative. He IS the franchise moving forward, which is what his contract signifies. Don't define the season by weeks 1-2. We can recover from two losses, as we'll now have to anyway.

Hopefully he's perfectly fine by Week 3. Had he not played in Week 1 and this was his first game back, I'd be less concerned. But he was absolutely not ready to go last week and it was irresponsible to put him out there. This week less so, but the combination of both just makes me question whether we're protecting the franchise QB well enough. I think we're further back now, than had we just sat him these first two games. 

I think Taylor didn't have the guts to sign Burrow to a contract and sit him for 4-6 weeks though. I agree on the culture of suiting up injured guys, Taylor looked at the contract the wrong way - Chase was looking at it the right way. Joe is always going to say he wants to play. Yeah, we're worse off right now than if he sat and we lost these.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Ravens @ Bengals*** - reuben.ahmed - 09-17-2023, 05:34 PM