Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Ravens @ Bengals***
(09-17-2023, 05:34 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I think Taylor didn't have the guts to sign Burrow to a contract and sit him for 4-6 weeks though. I agree on the culture of suiting up injured guys, Taylor looked at the contract the wrong way - Chase was looking at it the right way. Joe is always going to say he wants to play. Yeah, we're worse off right now than if he sat and we lost these.

Yeah quite possibly. I certainly place responsibility on Zac's shoulders here like you say. Sit the franchise until he's ready, that's our best bet. We can't win it all if he can't play. I'd far rather we put ourselves in a hole and rely on a healthy Burrow from say week 4 onwards, than where we are now. Of course, the question would then be 'when would Burrow definitely be ready' which is a fair one. I certainly can agree there's a limit on how long a Head Coach would be willing to sit the franchise QB and put his own job on the line. I just completely disagree with going all in for week 1, which is what we did do by playing an injured QB.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Ravens @ Bengals*** - TheCincinnatiKid - 09-17-2023, 05:42 PM