Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Please Don't Waste This Season...
(12-31-2015, 03:31 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: It leads me to believe they do no adjustment. Why "fix" what's "not broken", I have to believe.

You give the other team the questions to the test, they're going to have better answers than not.

Agreed.  I've always gotten the impression that they're playing almost not to lose rather than to win, when in a big game with a lead.  It's like they can't get the game over soon enough and get out of the building with a W, whereas other elite teams will continue to pile on.  We play with a 14 pt lead the way the Patriots do with a 30 point lead.

If you look at the Broncos game the gameplan clearly changed.  They went from ultra aggressive to Bob Bratowski almost immediately after securing a two possession lead. 

In my head I see it as "Holy shit, that actually worked.  Let's just sit on this and get out of here." 

When I watch a Pats game I see  like some crazy wrestling match or something with a villlian.  Keep punching him!!  Haymaker, haymaker, haymaker!"  "Man, he's out. Get off him!!! You're killing him!!!"  "No, I'm going to hit about a dozen more times.  Then I'm going to Hulk Hogan leg drop on him.  Then I'm going to pretend to walk away only to turn around and put him in a camel clutch.  Then I'm going to punch a fan.  And then I'm going to hit one last time just because I can."

That's how I can best articulate the difference in approach.  I think our coach goes into ulta-conservative mode and steers away from the very thing that gave him the lead in the first place.  That, and I think his ability to both properly motivate his staff and players, and to make adjustment and counter his opponent in the 2nd half is severely lacking.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Please Don't Waste This Season... - Wes Mantooth - 12-31-2015, 03:45 PM