Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Please Don't Waste This Season...
Completely going off topic here, but LL's mention of Zimmer made me think: does anybody else wonder what it would be like had we promoted Mike Zimmer two years ago?

I mean, we all know the man earned the opportunity to be a head coach.  In fact, it was long overdue.  And as much as we love to promote assistants it seemed like a reasonable possibility.  His players loved him and he had coached up a number of average rosters to top 10 finishes.  As much as it made sense to move on from Marvin, it made as much sense to give Mike Zimmer a chance.

So what would have happened?  Look at the disaster that he walked into.  An already bad team, that then went through the Adrian Peterson mess.  He was gifted that, along with a rookie QB and not a lot else either.  He managed a respectable 7 wins in year 1, and they did have a small chance at the postseason late in the year. 

Now, in year 2, he's got them 10-5 with the playoffs cliched.  Tied for first in his divison, with the 3rd best record in the NFC.  He's coming off back to back wins of 38-18 of 49-17 over the Bears and Giants. (They're playing really well)

Call me crazy, but I personally I would have loved to have seen what he could have done with this roster and many of these guys who absolutely love the guy.  If Marvin doesn't get it done this year I think it will have an absolute shame they didn't pull the trigger and promote Zim.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Please Don't Waste This Season... - Wes Mantooth - 12-31-2015, 06:04 PM