Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Please Don't Waste This Season...
(01-01-2016, 12:18 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think McCarron ran the offense beautifully in the first few series last week.  That is the problem. Marvin is such a conservative individual by nature that a two score lead 20 minutes in to the game is where he starts to try to kill the clock.  

On offense, kept running in to 8 man fronts.  Why not spread those fronts out and attack them?  Because it risks a turnover.  The last time I check, three horrible plays and a punt is a turnover...it just takes a little longer and results in better field position.   The play selection after the first few drives was pathetic.  If your offensive line can't do any better than that in the run game, you must spread them out with multiple weapons and attack them with short passes.  

On defense, when it was clear in the second half that the front four was done, they stuck with it and gave B.O. all kinds of time to find checkdowns and create some decent gains in the running game.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the field, the other orange team attacked with a variety of blitzes on defense and allowed their QB to make plays to move the chains and ultimately score.

It was as piss-poor a coaching job (in the second half) as I have ever seen.  It is so sad that the #2 seed was right there, and they blew it in the name of not making mistakes or getting burnt deep.  This seems to be the common thread for this coaching staff and it is infuriating.  

That's the biggest thing that drives me batty about Super Marvio. That said, if Dalton is in the game, i'd expect him to check out of some of those blitz looks in the 2nd half. McCarron just doesn't have the experience yet.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Please Don't Waste This Season... - rfaulk34 - 01-01-2016, 05:06 PM