Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jake Fisher changes number and position
(01-01-2016, 04:47 PM)corpjet Wrote: For some reason Im not as excited about this as others, I feel like we are downgrading one of our potential stud lineman to be a fullback?

I realize this is temporary but I would think Uzomah could do the same thing and also has better hands when needed.

Uzomah proved last week he was not the guy for the job....yet. He was consistently missing lead blocks, which was part of the reason for the drop off in the run game. And he missed blitz pickups and stunts in protection. On top of that, he was never asked to block at Auburn, so he has very little experience at it. On the other hand, Fisher, as a lineman, knows all about recognizing stunts and blitzes since he has had to read them as a lineman. He also knows all about run blocking. Imagine as a Lb, trying to fill the hole and being met by him instead of a fullback. Plus with him staying in in protection packages, he may just give McCarron that extra second he needs to read the D in their zone coverages. On top of it all, Fisher has played TE and has decent hands in case they need to dump the ball to him or run a seam route. I think its the perfect solution until Hewitt gets back. Plus Ogbuehi can fill the extra lineman spot in the jumbo package now, so we are good to go there too.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jake Fisher changes number and position - Beaker - 01-01-2016, 05:10 PM