Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hal McCoy says Reds will finish last in 2016 also
(01-01-2016, 01:58 PM)nevergonnachange Wrote: If they aren't making the playoffs, they may as well get high draft picks to help speed along the rebuild

Man, I despise rooting for my team to tank, but this might be the best thing for the Reds.  Shitty farm systems can become good ones quick with a few years of high draft picks.  Not sure if there are any Strasburgs or Harpers coming out over the next 3 drafts, but if there are, the Reds should have a shot at them.

Another plus is that there is zero reason to rush prospects to the big leagues at this point.  If Winker or Blandino need an extra year or two in the system, then who cares?  Let them percolate down there until they are good and ready.  I honestly feel that bringing Hamilton op in 2014 to be a full time starter was an awful decision.  It took him a fair amount of time at every level of the minors to adjust and start hitting.  He should have stayed at Louisville in 14. 

I'm very interested to see if they invest the high picks in pitching or offense.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hal McCoy says Reds will finish last in 2016 also - samhain - 01-02-2016, 12:44 AM