Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MDD Way too cold to do anything outside Simulation
(01-19-2024, 03:58 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Well, to start with you do not average the amount of offense that Georgia does with the QBs they have had without outstanding offensive line play...period. Unfortunately, all upgrades are not immediate but passing on elite talent sitting there is not very smart at all.

Do explain why if Reader returns that a rookie would have to start. Seems a bit confusing does it not? As well, you previously complained about a rookie not making an immediate impact with the selection of Mims now you complain that a rookie may have to make an immediate impact. Riding that fence must be killing your crotch.

CB 4-5? You may want to check out the status of the Bengals roster. Right now you have under contract Hilton, Turner, Taylor-Britt, and Davis. Hilton is not going to play the boundary. When James was selected the only players ranked higher on the board than him were...J. Sanders - TE, C. Bullock - S, T. Benson - RB, R. Orhorhoro - DL, J. Brooks - RB. So unless your theory is to overdraft a position to fill that position then taking James was absolutely a solid selection.

Drafting James and Frazier were great value picks unless you have tunnel vision and are looking only at the '24 season which hopefully this franchise is not doing. 

Chase Brown is going to be an outstanding RB and him and Mixon are both back in '24.

By that logic, Jackson Carman would be great.  Mims has great talent, but the more I look into him, the inexperience frightens me in the short term and the injury history and inability to stay on the field scares me in the long run.  He's very boom/bust.  If I wasn't adding a stopgap in FA, I would probably go a safer pick at T in the 1st.

My assumption is that Reader won't be ready to start the season.  Hence, the backup having to start.  If you're operating under the assumption that Reader will be ready to start the season, then a new contract for him plus a 2nd rounder on his backup/rotation player is an awfully large investment.  

Did you forget DJ Ivey?  Sounds like it.  

TE isn't a need?  Sanders would either start immediately or see a lot of play time.  Same with Benson at RB.  My theory would be take immediate contributers in areas of need instead of taking a backup for worse value.

Mixon is steadily deteriorating and overpaid for what he brings.  Brown deserves some touches and has big play ability, but his vision is terrible and he takes a ton of negative plays.  Way too many to trust as an every down back.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: MDD Way too cold to do anything outside Simulation - Whatever - 01-19-2024, 05:40 PM