Poll: What will happen going forward with TEE ?
The Bengals will NOT tag TEE – making him a Free Agent
TEE will get Franchise Tagged & then Traded in 2024
Bengals Tag TEE & make him play for them in 2024 under the Tag
Bengals Tag TEE & then sign him to a Long Term Deal for 2024 & beyond
Bengals Tag TEE & TEE will hold out the entire 2024 season
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tag decision on TEE coming soon – Crystal Ball - POLL
(02-01-2024, 03:07 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: You can't let him leave without anything in return.

Can't they tag him and then play him this year and then let him walk and get a comp pick?  I was under the impression that was sort of business as usual for the Bengals front office.  I mean, it's not like they're going to fire themselves if they get "nothing" in return.

I may be letting my memory get in the way of the facts and stats, I just feel like Mike Brown takes a bit of a "we want you to stay here so we are going to proceed in the manners in which we have control and it's not up to you right now" stance on this stuff.

I think we tag him and he plays and he may be miffed about it, but he will play and as I've stated before Burrow is going to help Tee look like the type of #2 WR too many NFL teams are desperate to pay and crown as their #1 for the Bengals to compete contract-wise.  That's free agency for ya, you can never compensate for situations where desperate GMs who won't be around to suffer the contract/trade if it goes bad make big splashes.  How many NFL teams could make Tee their #1 WR after he puts up another good year with Burrow?  That's why if we want to keep Tee it's probably going to require paying him like a #1 WR, because at least 1 GM out there is going to really NEED him to be a #1 WR in 2025.

(02-01-2024, 04:52 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: If you tag him and Dont trade him then he walks next year and we get nothing... like almost every player we have tagged.

That's the other side of having a FO that can't get fired.  We don't have a lame duck GM here making insane trades and contracts he won't be around to suffer through, but we also can't act like the Bengals' FO simply CAN NOT let Tee walk for nothing...because they can.  Mike Brown could trade Tee Higgins for Johnny Manziel and nothing would happen to him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tag decision on TEE coming soon – Crystal Ball - POLL - Nately120 - 02-01-2024, 07:28 PM