Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
We have leader for RT in free agency....
(02-07-2024, 03:31 PM)Whatever Wrote: Another factor (one folks will kill me for), is do they have enough confidence in Smith or Carman to start at RT at least part of the year while a draft pick develops?

No one should kill you for it, as it's just asking a question that the team might be asking themselves.
We don't know what the staff is thinking, but it is possible (although maybe not probable) that they think Carman/Smith could hold down the fort to start the year while a draft pick develops.

I'm not personally confident in that being the case given both guys have been in the league for 3 full seasons and neither has gotten a starting gig yet.
Carman has shown more promise in his career to-date to start over Smith, at least IMO.
With that said, I don't think Carman belongs on the right side of the line.
Smith just seems to get manhandled far too often, even after 3 full years of NFL development.

Carman played just 12 snaps on offense last year, all at LT.
Smith didn't see the field.
Cody Ford saw more action than both of them, 18 snaps at LT, 21 at RG, and 38 as an extra lineman on the outside.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We have leader for RT in free agency.... - ochocincos - 02-07-2024, 04:27 PM
Jermaine eluemunor - Jpoore - 02-10-2024, 12:21 PM