Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Great Super Bowl, Mahomes is a stud like him or not
(02-15-2024, 05:02 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I don't think I am the one confused here, Yankee. I'd cut down on the snark lol. I am largely agreeing with what you say. I don't know what you're arguing at this point but you keep going.

Yeah, Otto is one of the all-time greats. I agree with you. I've said that multiple times. He just isn't THE greatest. 

I have never said it counts more. I have said two very clear things.

1. Winning is much harder to do in the modern era with significantly more teams, free agency, trading, modern athlete pool etc. There is more parity.
  2. The eras are so different, it is almost pointless to compare them.
BTW Caitlin Clark is an animal. 

Those are all awesome achievements. However, winning your titles in the modern era is more difficult to do which is why people tend to have a little bit of recency bias on these topics. That doesn't mean that historical titles are worth less, they are still titles. However, you're going to find that people aren't going to view them as prestigiously as they do a modern title. This isn't a unique perspective.

The Browns and Otto Graham were undeniably the GOATs of their era. I think that is a very fair way to leave it. 

Good friendly debate, which is abnormal on this website. 
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Great Super Bowl, Mahomes is a stud like him or not - BengalYankee - 02-15-2024, 06:59 PM