Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MDD Snow Day Simulation
RD. 4 - 116th Selection:
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmsUbo-kyuiy7z29BfNR3...Q&usqp=CAU]

Cam Hart - CB - Notre Dame - 6'2" 200

It is likely that Chido leaves the Bengals in FA and it seemed to some that he was not the same player as he was post injury and I might have to agree with that. The Bengals have some young high upside talent in Taylor-Britt and Turner as well as outstanding veteran Hilton. Ivey was on the rise in '23 as a 7th round draft selection but availability after a significant injury could be question mark.

Hart brings the size and length that the Bengals currently do not have at the CB position to go along with experience, high level coverage ability, and good deep speed. Hart has played a lot of football for a high profile team in a lot of high profile games and has shown himself very well while doing so. Hart needs to continue to learn to trust his instincts when he is playing with his back to the QB and to have more confidence in his abilities in these situations. Much of this should be correctable with NFL coaching.

This is what I believe is another high value get for the Bengals and I feel Hart is one of the more underrated corners in this draft.

RD. 5 - 148th Selection:
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8v9ITwvqSqliidN-6roW...A&usqp=CAU]

Theo Johnson - TE - Penn State - 6'6" 258

Johnson brings a really nice blend of receiving and blocking ability to the TE room for the Bengals and could be that TE1 that they have been looking for. Johnson is experienced blocking in many different scheme alignments such as from the H-back position as well as inline and does so at a high level. Johnson is natural hands catcher and has shown himself to be very productive once the ball is in his hands. 

A weakness of Theo is that he is faster than he is quick. He has the top end speed to threaten a defense deep but he builds up to this speed rather than having elite acceleration. With his size, speed, and length Theo should be able to contribute immediately to the Bengals TE room and his ability to block should allow him to see early playing time.

RD. 5 - 175th Selection:
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRsvV6CfWhVzv_7A5VLbea...A&usqp=CAU]

Isaiah Adams - OL - Illinois - 6'5" 320

The Bengals return to the Illini for another trench selection but this time on the offensive side of the ball. Adams has experience at both tackle and guard for Illinois but most, myself included, believe his best tape has come at guard. 

Adams seems to play the LG position very naturally and brings a really good combination of athleticism and power to the position. What I really like about Adams is the demeanor he brings to the run game. Adams plays with the finisher mentality which the Bengals offensive line has not displayed as of late. He looks to impose his will on the defender and his athleticism allows him to effectively get to the second level and engage targets on the move. 

Adams could probably develop as a tackle but I firmly believe that he has the ability to be a really high end guard at the NFL level and I would not at all be shocked to see him starting day 1 at LG and be an immediate upgrade to Volson.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
MDD Snow Day Simulation - OSUfan - 02-17-2024, 01:22 PM
RE: MDD Snow Day Simulation - OSUfan - 02-17-2024, 01:24 PM
RE: MDD Snow Day Simulation - OSUfan - 02-17-2024, 01:36 PM
RE: MDD Snow Day Simulation - OSUfan - 02-17-2024, 01:48 PM
RE: MDD Snow Day Simulation - OSUfan - 02-17-2024, 02:07 PM
RE: MDD Snow Day Simulation - OSUfan - 02-17-2024, 03:03 PM
RE: MDD Snow Day Simulation - OSUfan - 02-17-2024, 03:31 PM
RE: MDD Snow Day Simulation - OSUfan - 02-17-2024, 03:32 PM
RE: MDD Snow Day Simulation - Synric - 02-17-2024, 03:52 PM
RE: MDD Snow Day Simulation - OSUfan - 02-17-2024, 11:46 PM