MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
A Different Direction
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Different Direction
In my thinking there are some rather clear candidates for the Bengals selection at #18.

Brock Bowers - If he is the generational TE that the claim he is then the selection is made for obvious reasons.

Protecting the franchise should be paramount in the eyes of the staff so the following player fall under protection choices:

Joe Alt
Taliese Fuaga
Olumuyiwa Fashanu
J.C. Latham

Great weapons:

Rome Odunze
Marvin Harrison Jr.

The chances or landing one of the great weapons is slim to none. The chance of Bowers being there is slim but not impossible as we have seen TEs slide before. So the best chance seems to be landing a protector. So what happens if all of these targets are off of the board at #18? Well this is the scenario that presented itself in this simulation that I ran.

Sitting at #18 with my group of targets off of the board I was eyeing Byron Murphy at DT. Houston presented a trade offer which I countered and the counter was accepted by Houston. What ultimately led me to taking the trade over the player is the depth at the DT position and the value I felt the Bengals could gain overall in making this transaction. What the following trade does not show is that I could have had the 3rd round selection of Houston over their 2nd but I countered by trading the Bengals 2nd round selection in '25 for the 2nd and 4th of Houston this year.

Here is the trade:

Here is the Draft:

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
A Different Direction - OSUfan - 03-07-2024, 03:05 PM
RE: A Different Direction - Jpoore - 03-07-2024, 04:36 PM
RE: A Different Direction - OSUfan - 03-07-2024, 05:28 PM
RE: A Different Direction - Synric - 03-08-2024, 09:04 AM
RE: A Different Direction - OSUfan - 03-07-2024, 05:24 PM