Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Bengals say willing to trade Higgins for right offer,
(03-28-2024, 05:42 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: Ridley is older, was out of the league, not as good, and got 4 year 94M? Or something like that. Why would Tee take 80?

You saying you would take 12 and be set for life isn’t the same thing. That would be like someone from a third world country saying they would take the average American salary, $50k and be set for life. We can’t wrap our heads around $100M contracts, but these guys played and trained their entire life to be one of the best in the world. They work for a 500 Billion dollar company and they help grow that revenue year over year. They all earn and deserve what they get paid.

I wouldn’t take 80M if I think I’m work 100M. Just like I wouldn’t take $300k if I think I’m worth $500k. Or take $30k if I think I’m worth $50k.

I agree, what you, I, or the King of Spain would take is irrelevant. 

Trade Tee to a team where he will get paid and the Bengals get at least a second round pick out of it and we all should be happy.

With the money saved, re-sign Boyd for familiarity, and another FA to fill a need, like CB.

Multiple holes filled, extra money available in the coffers, and additional draft picks to play with.

Maybe too much of a Madden mindset, but seems like an easy solution on paper...
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals say willing to trade Higgins for right offer, - FormerlyBengalRugby - 03-28-2024, 06:01 PM