Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Bengals say willing to trade Higgins for right offer,
(03-29-2024, 06:18 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Mahomes only had one playmaker last season when winning and the reason their defense was sick is because they did not pay Tyreek Hill to stay as people want the Bengals to do with Tee.

Was great for them when their stars were on rookie contracts and for the Bengals too. That ship has sailed for both teams now and creativity must come into play to stay great. Andy Reid gets that, we will see if the Bengals do or not soon or do they bow to the fans wishes.

You seem to think highly of Andy Reid, do you not like his blueprint for the success he has laid out by not paying Hill and keeping the team strong instead of just the WR's group ?

P.S. Burrow is no slouch. and Chase will be here the whole time as Kelce has been for them.  

I think trying to model your teams after Mahomes/Reid and Brady/Bill B is going to be a tall order.

The last 3 years we have had positional strength vs most opponents in 2 areas (QB and WR). If we go into 2024 without Tee, our only position strength, vs most opponents, at this point would be QB. That still has time to change, but I don’t see that positional strength coming from anywhere else, this year. I think from a roster construction standpoint, we NEED tee this year and we better hit on some draft picks to set up other areas to become a position strength vs opponents from a week to week standpoint.

The chiefs, last year, had QB, TE and defense.

I know JB isn’t a slouch, never said he was. But at this point he (along with every other QB) is a pretty distant second to mahomes. Even the chiefs went out and got themselves a somewhat proven commodity in marquise brown this year. What they had last year wasn’t sustainable, hence the move.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals say willing to trade Higgins for right offer, - Bengalbug - 03-29-2024, 09:19 AM