Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Bengals say willing to trade Higgins for right offer,
(04-03-2024, 03:55 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I'll have to agree. I've never been sold on the Bills WR corps. Diggs was their only strong receiver, but I felt he fell off last year. 

I think Higgins is a bright spot mainly because Chase picks up the double team. However, if you put him in the #1 position anywhere else, he's not going to have it so easy. Granted, In the 5 games Higgins has played without Chase, He has 31 catches for 511yds and 3tds, which is better than average for a #1 on paper. Yet in reality, 288 of those yards came against a weak pissburg secondary, while he only garnered 49yds against Cle, 60yds against Car, and a good game against Ten for 114 on 7 catches (their defense has been horrible). But we had a decent WR corps IMO. You put him in Buffalo or somewhere else that lacks depth in the WR position, I feel he will disappoint.

Feel the same about Tee, if he was the #1 and the focus of an entire good Defense from week to week like Chase is a lot, I highly 
doubt he would blossom into a top Receiver. He just isn't fast enough, a crisp enough route runner or tough enough to put it bluntly.

(04-03-2024, 04:17 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Whew.... Russell Wilson and Justin Fields. I doubt Russell has any better luck than he did in Denver. Fields scares me a little. Both will be fighting for a starting spot even though Tomlin has said Fields will be learning from Russell. Both are good QB's but lack consistency. This feels like a Marvin Lewis Bengals move to me. Names that generate great vibe, but fail to meet the hype and maintain a 500 season.

Still, much better than Pickett and Biscuit.

Hope you are right though Harley. Wink

(04-03-2024, 04:46 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Wilson was good in Seattle, but let's be real, Denver had a poor OL and poor WR's. 

Wilson will benefit with be able to be a game manager as Steeler's always have a great defense. Pickens is better than any receiver Denver had.

Wilson makes them better, great maybe not, but better QB room with Fields and Wilson. Fields (not Lamar Jackson) was top QB rusher in NFL last year. 

Agree, as much as I hope these 2 are terrible for the piss towel people, I doubt they are worse than what was there before them.

Now Arthur Brown as the OC might really limit their passing game and make them 1 dimensional, this could be a real thing.

As always and even more so now, we need to stop the stealers running game.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals say willing to trade Higgins for right offer, - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-03-2024, 09:58 PM