Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nate's first Mock of 2024...
(04-12-2024, 10:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Here we go, this is my first this year, used Mock Draft Database...

1st Round: Brock Bowers TE Georgia - Couldn't believe he was there but it is possible and as I have said if he is he would be the BPA
with his amazing Yards After Catch which is about as good as any TE of all time. TE is taken care of for the foreseeable future.

2nd Round: Blake Fisher OT Notre Dame - I think this guy is really underrated in this class, he is very physical, more so than his team
mate in Joe Alt. Fits just what we need at RT and he should have some time to learn behind Trent Brown before he takes over.

3rd Round: McKinnley Jackson DT Texas A&M - My 2nd favorite NT in this Draft behind Byron Murphy. McKinnley knows how to get low
and take up multiple blockers to free up those around him as good as any NT in this Draft.

3rd Round: Johnny Wilson WR Florida State - This guy is a giant weapon with speed, steal in the late 3rd round IMO.

4th Round: Isaac Guerendo RB Louisville - The best RB at the Combine, just blew it up, great speed, great hands, great in short yardage
and can take it the distance. Could be a star RB in the NFL with all his traits and doesn't have much tread on the tires.

5th Round: Tanor Bortolini IOL Wisconsin - Was good every time I watched him play, surprised he was around this late. Could be a future
replacement for Cappa.

5th Round: Ainias Smith WR/KR - Fantastic Returner and big time playmaker.

6th Round: Austin McNamara P Texas Tech - We need a new Punter that is not a problem. This guy is about the best in this Draft right
there with Tory Taylor who I also like.

6th Round: Myles Cole EDGE Texas Tech

7th Round: Ryan Watts CB Texas

Whenever I run a simulator and Bowers is there, I just reset it. 

Like, I get it. There's a chance he's there.

But he's a singular player whose presence at 18 completely reshapes the entire draft in a way that does not really compare to any other mock draft.

With that said, if he were there at 18, I'd likely take him unless Fuaga is there. He'd do really well in our system with Burrow's precision. 

I just think he's going to the Jets at 10. We'll just have to wait and see.

As for the rest of the draft, Fisher and Jackson are both a round earlier than I'm comfortable with their selections. I feel like a blue chip player at WR will be there at 49 and it'd be a real shame if we have to reach for Fisher simply because Bowers was there at 18. And Jackson, I just don't know if there's a NT worth a top 100 pick in this draft. This would be reaching for need. If Jackson isn't there in the 4th round, I don't know if there's a huge drop off between him and Boyd in the 5th. 

I think the cliff in this draft is around the 100 pick mark, so I'd really like to utilize these first four picks to their fullest. Hell, I'd trade our 4th and a 6th for another crack in the top 100.

Johnny Wilson gives me anxiety. Lots of drops (16.1%), unusually high height and weight for a WR, meager contested catch rate (42.6%), and surprisingly limited production given what you'd think he'd excel at (6 TDs in 31 career games).

He does have a very intriguing athletic profile though, with an RAS of 9.88 and a surprisingly fast 40 time of 4.52 (Faster than his running mate, Keon Coleman, who ran a 4.64). But he's a very high risk pick. He could work out as a late 3d round pick, but I'd be curious who else was available there.

I have no problems with the rest of the picks. 

Bortolini is a Wisconsin offensive lineman who passed the fated short shuttle bar of 4.47 (he did it in 4.28). He is one of my favorite late round IOL targets.

Guerendo, I feel like his 40 yard time has catapulted him from underrated all the way up to overrated haha. I wouldn't mind him in the 4th, but I bet they could get a better runner in that round. Jaylen Wright has been lasting into day 3 for  me in some mock drafts. If my choice were Wright or Guerendo, I'm taking Wright every time.

I think Ainias Smith is a weapon that, for some reason, has not caught on in NFL circles. With the new kick off rules, I bet he could find a nice home as that Punt Returner who can come in on certain downs and torch the defense. With experience as a RB, WR and return man, he'd probably find a spot somewhere on this roster.

No opinion on the 6th and 7th rounders. 

Overall, I'd be a bit disappointed with this draft haul. It feels like the majority of the players are drafted a round or 2 too early, with the exception of Bowers, who I think likely won't be there. 

But I'm just some loser on the internet. I still appreciate all you do, Nate :)
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nate's first Mock of 2024... - Synric - 04-13-2024, 11:02 AM
RE: Nate's first Mock of 2024... - Okeana - 04-13-2024, 09:29 PM
RE: Nate's first Mock of 2024... - J24 - 04-15-2024, 04:48 PM
Nate's first Mock of 2024... - BenZoo2 - 04-15-2024, 06:44 PM
RE: Nate's first Mock of 2024... - BenZoo2 - 04-16-2024, 01:49 PM
RE: Nate's first Mock of 2024... - Synric - 04-17-2024, 09:31 AM
RE: Nate's first Mock of 2024... - CJD - 04-16-2024, 05:35 PM
RE: Nate's first Mock of 2024... - CJD - 04-16-2024, 06:27 PM
Nate's first Mock of 2024... - BenZoo2 - 04-17-2024, 10:50 AM
RE: Nate's first Mock of 2024... - Synric - 04-17-2024, 11:04 AM