Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nate's first Mock of 2024...
(04-16-2024, 05:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thank you CrazyJDawg. Definitely understand, happy this was my first Mock as I tend to agree with everything you say here except McKinnley
Jackson who I think is right about where I think he will go. I think I will start to reset the mock drafts if they keep showing Bowers there as I agree,
I don't find it likely that he is there and also think the Jets are the most likely team to grab him up at 10.

Slow processing from Blake Fisher is all I got from the criticism of this pick and I just don't see it when watching the film. Fisher is a big dude that
played RT at Notre Dame and more than held his own and he is a mauling O-lineman that can both pass and run block and he plays physical. Didn't
know about the drop rate of Johnny Wilson, yikes!

Jaylen Wright wasn't around in this mock so I still stand by my Guerendo pick whole heartedly. Completely agree on Ainias Smith, this guy is just a 
playmaker and just what we need at Returner and as a backup WR if Chuck Sizzle doesn't stay healthy and perform.

Also really like Bortolini and besides getting Bowers and Jackson is probably my favorite pick in this Draft. I think Bortolini will be a very good IOL 
in the NFL. Rock on, appreciate the insight and agree with a lot of what you say here CJD. Cool

I wouldn't curse the skies if we took Fisher in the 2nd. We need depth at OT, and he will likely be a good backup RT on day 1 with potential to stick as a starter depending on the scheme, I just don't think he's one of the 50 best players in the draft. 

This is what Dane Brugler's "The Beast" says about him:
Quote:STRENGTHS: NFL arm length and measurables … plays light on his feet, especially for his size, and looks smooth in his shuffle movements … able to transition his feet

to cut off inside counter moves … adequate anchor in pass protection to stop a charge … fires off the ball in the run game and competes with the right mentality to
finish blocks … his lateral quickness helps him reach on back-side zone … has no trouble reaching the second level and sealing defenders … dedicated to developing
his lean muscle weight and worked hard to shed the bad pounds (lost 25 pounds after enrolling in South Bend) … after missing most of his freshman season, started
26 straight games to finish his college career.

WEAKNESSES: High-cut and too easily out-leveraged at the point of attack … undeveloped body control and technique and spends too much time on the ground …
inconsistent depth with his pass-pro landmarks and struggles to recover … late hands and doesn’t properly utilize his length/timing to establish first meaningful
contact … uneven results achieving run angles on the move … gets top-heavy as a run blocker and finds his head overextended past his toes … drew five flags in 2023
(one false start, two holds and two personal fouls) … suffered a torn meniscus in his first career game (September 2021), which required surgery and sidelined him for
the rest of the regular season (returned for the bowl game) … almost all (97.8 percent) of his offensive snaps in college came at right tackle.

SUMMARY: A two-year starter at Notre Dame, Fisher lined up predominantly at right tackle in offensive coordinator Gerad Parker’s balanced scheme. The top-ranked
recruit in Brian Kelly’s final recruiting class in South Bend, he was “Wally Pipped” at left tackle by Joe Alt as a freshman and produced uneven results at right tackle
the last two seasons (he really could have benefited from a senior season to continue developing). Fisher will entice evaluators with his size, compete skills and foot
quickness and drive them crazy with his inconsistent balance, technique and timing. His hands and feet are too often disjointed and can be exposed by savvy
defenders who will set traps for him. Overall, Fisher is a big, athletic finesse blocker who flashes power but falls off too many blocks and needs to introduce more
control to his play style before he is ready for NFL competition. He is a developmental prospect reminiscent of Nicholas Petit-Frere (2022 third-round pick).

I like that he's young and already has a lot of experience. It seems like Brugler believes that, had he gone back to college for his senior year, he'd have a high chance of being a 2nd round pick or higher in 2025. So taking him at 49 would be kind of like trading our 2nd rounder for a potential 1st rounder/2nd rounder next year. Take that for what you will. He's got upside and flashes the ability to be a great RT. I just feel like he'd be outstanding value at 80 Tongue
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nate's first Mock of 2024... - Synric - 04-13-2024, 11:02 AM
RE: Nate's first Mock of 2024... - Okeana - 04-13-2024, 09:29 PM
RE: Nate's first Mock of 2024... - J24 - 04-15-2024, 04:48 PM
Nate's first Mock of 2024... - BenZoo2 - 04-15-2024, 06:44 PM
RE: Nate's first Mock of 2024... - BenZoo2 - 04-16-2024, 01:49 PM
RE: Nate's first Mock of 2024... - Synric - 04-17-2024, 09:31 AM
RE: Nate's first Mock of 2024... - CJD - 04-16-2024, 05:35 PM
RE: Nate's first Mock of 2024... - CJD - 04-16-2024, 06:27 PM
Nate's first Mock of 2024... - BenZoo2 - 04-17-2024, 10:50 AM
RE: Nate's first Mock of 2024... - Synric - 04-17-2024, 11:04 AM