Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Karras nicknames OT group Cincinnati Skyline
(05-01-2024, 03:45 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I think Zac already hinted Mims was not going to play OG. 

Bit early to say such a thing, but I understand, the coaches seem to love Volson.

I don't hate the guy either as you know, I defend Volson a ton on here, but think Mims could play Guard is all I am saying.

Mims OL coach said he can play on either side of the line and at Guard if needed. He has the talent to do so and do it at a high level.

(05-01-2024, 04:34 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Way too early for any designation regardless what ZT said, imho. Like Tyson said "everybody has a plan until they get hit", so can the same be said in football with injuries.

Always good to have our options open.

(05-01-2024, 04:39 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And if Brown gets hurt and we're trotting Cody Ford out there at RT (Not a shot a Cody, but he is what he is) because Mims has twisted his ankle playing guard, that's just gonna suck. Right now I'm most comfortable with OBj at LT backed by Carman, Volson at LG, Karras, Cappa, and Brown at RT backed by Mims. I know some don't like Volson, but he continues to improve, shows flashes, and for a certain number of weeks last year out interior line was ranked #1.

I understand Sled, like I said in my post after that one, I do think it is the best idea to keep Mims as backup RT.

Just saying that Mims has the ability to play Guard or on either side of the Line with his balance, athleticism and smarts.

As you know, I have defended Volson a ton on here. But we can get better at LG and do think Mims would be better at LG right off the bat.

Volson has been terrible to open up both his first two seasons, just the way it has been. Hope it is different this year.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Karras nicknames OT group Cincinnati Skyline - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 05-01-2024, 04:47 PM