Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redrafting the 2024 draft - What other combinations?
(05-01-2024, 12:12 PM)CJD Wrote: I get swapping Mims and Fautanu. It's a hard call between high ceiling and high floor. What I wanted to avoid was a question of what position he should play in his rookie year. Should he replace Volson at LG, and then move to RT in 2025? Would he better just sticking at RT completely? Do we still need a tackle if we took Fautanu? etc. I personally like that they just took the high ceiling tackle prospect and avoided all the position speculation, the switch from left to right anxiety and the question of Fautanu's suitability to stick at tackle. But I get the preference.

Wilson over Burton makes sense too. I think what we don't know is if Burton was taken not as a Boyd replacement, but as a Higgins replacement. If that's the case, I don't think Wilson would have been a suitable replacement for Higgins.

If they re-signed Higgins, I'd be all in on Wilson in the 3rd. As it stands, I get why they took a player who could eventually take over Higgins' role.

I didn't know this about Jordan Jefferson before the draft, but apparently he had an incident where he ripped off a player's helmet and swung it around following a 1 on 1 drill where he got beat. 

Apparently, Haynes was talking shit to him and he lost his temper.

This twitter user seemed to think that meant Jefferson has that dawg in him, but I'm not sure I agree haha.

I do think the media would have liked the pick more if we took Jefferson though. He was definitely the consensus better player.

Sure hope that wasn’t Mims blocking him.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Redrafting the 2024 draft - What other combinations? - TKUHL - 05-01-2024, 10:46 PM